Monday 22 June 2009

BMW

From: Franco Giammattei
Date: 2 June 2009 17:20
To: Tim Broughton
Subject: BMW Request

Good morning Mr Broughton,

Many thanks for your recent enquiry into the BMW 5 series.

There appears to be no numbers provided to contact you.

Please can you get in touch with me at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss your interest further.

Kindest regards

Franco Giammattei

BMW New Car Sales Executive
BMW Park Lane



From: Tim Broughton
Date: 3 June 2009 21:50
To: Franco Giammattei
Subject: BMW Request


Dear Franco

Many thanks for getting in touch to discuss the exceptional engineering that is The BMW. I've thought for years that nothing quite says "I've arrived" with the same gusto as a well polished Beamer cruising down the outside lane.

Well, I'm hitting a point in my life when I think I'm ready. This is a big moment for me, Franco. The kids have grown up and gone to Oxford and into dentistry, the wife seems happy enough and it really feels like my time again. Its time for me to toast myself on the back with a new set of wheels.

I've been looking at the M3 Coupe and think this might be the car for me. I do have some fairly strong reservations though, particularly concerning the music/radio system in the car. Could you please send me some details and tell me, has this changed a lot from the systems in place in BMWs 25 years ago?

Unfortunately I'm uncontactable by phone at the moment as the wife and I are holidaying in the Seychelles (first impressions ok - the people seem clean) but I will be checking my Blackberry from time to time. I presume, being based in Park Lane, you'd be my local dealer.

Many thanks in advance for the information.

Tim Broughton

Sent from a Blackberry



From: Franco Giammattei
Date: 5 June 2009 09:54
To: Tim Broughton
Subject: BMW Request

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your quick response.

I will forward the M3 electronic brochure so you can ready through when convenient.

The sound system in an M3 is exceptional and far better than those fitted on the cars from 25 years ago.

When you are back in the country, perhaps it would be a good idea to pop in and allow me to demonstrate the sound system?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and speak soon.

Kindest regards

Franco Giammattei

BMW New Car Sales Executive
BMW Park Lane



From: Tim Broughton
Date: 5 June 2009 21:36
To: Franco Giammattei
Subject: BMW Request

Dear Franco

I'm very keen to learn whether the sound system is easy to use and will not in any way distract me from driving the fabulous M3. You see, I'm in a bit of a quandary. Let me give you a little background.

In 1979 my wife had a fiance called Cliff who drove a BMW. Very happy they were, and all set for a wonderful life together. One day on the way to work, Cliff had a bit of an accident whilst scrolling through the radio stations and, to cut a long story short, made a full recovery but had to be fitted with a prosthetic nose. Now, I know this might sound odd, but my wife really struggled to deal with the nose thing and ended up leaving him.

Two years later we got together and we've never looked back. However, I'm worried that buying a beamer will bring back quite disturbing memories for her. I'm concerned it may be interpreted as callus and insensitive for me to invest in the vehicle which ultimately ended her previous realtionship.

What do you think? I'm tempted just to buy the car and play the ignorance card once it's sat on the driveway. I can't honestly see her making me take it back to the shop, but at the same time, deep down, Franco, I'll know.

What would you do?

Thanks for your help in this difficult, unusual but highly significant matter.

Tim

Sent from a Blackberry



From: Franco Giammattei
Date: 8 June 2009 10:59
To: Tim Broughton
Subject: BMW Request

Many thanks for your response Tim.

The best thing I can suggest is for you and your wife to come into the showroom when you return from your holiday.

I can show you an M3 to look around and demonstrate the fact that the sound system is easier to use and far more sophisticated that the BMW’s of 30 years ago.

From the story you have told me, it is not down to the BMW entirely and could have happened in any car built back then as safety standard’s were not as high.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kindest regards

Franco Giammattei

BMW New Car Sales Executive
BMW Park Lane



From: Tim Broughton
Date: 18 June 2009 13:47
To: Franco Giammattei
Subject: BMW Request

Oh no Franco

You'll never guess what's happened. My wife caught me printing out the brochure you sent me and hit the roof! Goodness me! The things she said were truly hurtful.

"How could you entertain the thought of driving one of those"
"You repugnant filth"
"You're not the father of my children"
etc etc

Clearly she's never really recovered from the trauma of Cliff's prosthetic nose which, in itself, I have a bit of a problem with. I met him once and at a dinner party in Stoke and he looked fine - nasally speaking. I thought his forehead was more of an issue, an opinion my wife did not appreciate.

So. it looks like I must look elsewhere for an auto-upgrade. Thank you for your advice. I have recently come to think of you, not only as a BMW new car sales executive, but as a friend.

Tim

Sent from a blackberry

No comments:

Post a Comment